It has been hard to get out of bed lately. Ever since the cold spell hit (well…cold for natives like myself) the warmth and coziness under the covers has seemed like a little Eden surrounded by the outer darkness of the early morning chill. But I don’t imagine everyone feels this way. For some, the cold weather energizes even as it makes others curl up in a ball and whimper.
Because I am more the whimpering type, the timing of the New Year has always seemed a little unfortunate. Part of me is excited at the prospect of a new calendar year and all the beginnings that come along with it while the other part of me cringes at having to generate energy when all I want to do is hit the snooze button and hibernate. But I am not a bear, and it’s time to get going because there are a lot of exciting new opportunities around.
Here are a few items on my to-do list:
- Get my passport ready for AMOR (fingers crossed I’m not too late!)
- Hold a worship arts brainstorming session in preparation for the season of Lent (any theater arts people out there?)
- More planning for the annual Spring Women’s Retreat
- Congregational meeting January 27th!!! (lots of interesting stuff)
- Ordination and Installation of new church officers
- Get to know Lori Page, our new office administrator
- Host the Presbytery’s Healthy Transitions Workshop for Deacons and Elders OK, now I’m warming up.
Just thinking about all that is coming motivates me to get out of bed and, before I know it, I’m running at full speed. 2019 is going to be fun, creative and meaningful at Emmanuel Presbyterian Church. There is no place that I would rather be (even my own little Eden under the covers).